The weather is still getting warmer here, so zbl hasn't worn this yet, so just on the hanger photos:
Pattern: The Mara Blouse
Fabric: I upcycled two of tl's old business shirts to make this wee blouse. The cutting out was great, the sewing up not so much, which I was quite surprised about. The plain coloured fabric particularly made me think my sewing machine needed a service, which it probably does, but the next thing I sewed definitely did not create such clanking and stitch missing as this one did!
Other Stuff: I love Marte's patterns (I've made one before), they are always so beautifully put together, and packed with great instructions. They also allow for so much personalisation, be it colour, adding piping or bling, or changing things to suit your style. For this one I used some store bought bias binding to make a faux piping around the yoke, to match the buttons which I think really makes it pop. I used the side sections of the shirts for the front and back sections to have a seam up the middle, and this cool panel called a hem gusset (please excuse the fuzzy picture).
Because the front seams were french seams, I thought I should carry on the trend and french the side and arm seams too, and then top stitch them down to keep them flat.
For the arms I used the end of the arms of the shirt so they open with a placket. I made some bias using the plain blue shirt and elasticated the binding slightly to gather it on cuff, and finished it with a button and loop, like on the front - I need to take a picture of this to show you.
All in all a very fulfilling sew up. Hopefully zbl likes it!
BTW - Marte has just released a new pattern - the Charles Pants - which I am totally going to buy once I have completed a few more projects.