Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

An amazing weekend away

I was lucky enough to spend this weekend in the Yarra Valley with a bunch of very crafty ladies at The Craft Sessions.  I heard about this weekend way back in June (or maybe earlier) via Sophie, and immediately thought "I want to go to that!".  After a very short discussion with tl, we both decided it would be great idea - I get a weekend off doing lovely crafty things, and he got a weekend solo parenting - for the first time!  Both of us were really looking forward to it - the only thing that needed to happen was to wean zbl.  Fortunately for me, she didn't seem to mind too much, so a week before hand, she was going to sleep without me having to feed her at bed time! So, off to the The Craft Sessions I went!
After leaving zbl for the first time, one of the hardest things to do was to choose which workshops to go to. In the end I did freeform patchwork and block printing with the lovely Leslie Keating on Saturday and sewing with knits with the lovely Sophie Parslow on Sunday.

So to show you what I actually did while I was there other than eat delicious food and be brave and talk to complete strangers who are now much less so, here are some pics:


 my freeform patchwork block, using loads of Leslie's beautiful scraps


my block printing stamp results - I can't decide if I like the birds or sheep better.


the sewing with knits before shot


all of our creations


and on the model - she seemed to quite like it!

All in all an excellent weekend, I would love to go next year if we're still in these parts.  A special thanks to my roomie Lorelei for being lovely enough not to mention my snoring :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment